Over the Edge: Raising Funds for Special Olympics of NY
I’m participating in Over the Edge to benefit the Special Olympics of New York. The first 100 individuals to raise over $1,000 will have the pleasure of rappelling down the eighteen-story Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown Albany, NY.
- CLICK HERE TO DONATE
- CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO MY TEAMMATE, MEGHAN NOLAN
- CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO MY TEAMMATE, PHILIP NAGLE
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN GET WITH YOUR DONATION
- Any donation (minimum $5) automatically entered to win a $25 Target gift card!
- $10 A personal shout-out on Twitter
- $15 a crudely drawn portrait of you by Kevin Marshall himself. (available only through July 31st!) EXTENDED through the end of August!
$20 I will sing Happy Birthday to the person of your choice, on camera.SOLD OUT!
- $25 I will write you a break-up letter to your significant other or a letter of resignation from your job.
$30 I will sing, on-camera, the song “Hello” by Lionel Richie to your Facebook profile picture. I will also make a Play-Doh sculpture of your head, just like in the video.SOLD OUT!
- $60 I will write a flattering, borderline romantic (or outright – your preference) eight-line poem about you and post it on the blog. LIMIT: 5
- $100 I will write a blog post on the topic of your choosing. Minimum 400 words.
- $300 I’ll wear any item of clothing, your choice, at the event so long as it doesn’t interfere with safety.
MY TEAMMATE MEGHAN MAE IS ALSO OFFERING BAKED GOODS!
- $50 will bake & send you 2 dozen cookies of your choice
- $100 will bake & send you a cheesecake or pie of your choice
- $250 will make & send you you one baked good or 2 dozen cookies of your choice every week for a month!
In addition to the deals announced here and on the Times Union blog, I’ll be making side deals with folks through Twitter – @KevinMarshall. These will consist of proposals from me, shout-outs, and solicitations from other Tweeters that send an @ reply to me. All Stuntraising offers are one-off deals unless otherwise stated.
- Chuck Miller ($50 donation) made a challenge for me to do a dramatic reading of the opening chapter from his novel The Robins of Iverhill. (listen here).
- John Brodigan ($30) host of Right Hook Radio, to write a poem about it and debut it on the August 2nd edition of the program where I’ll appear as a guest.
- Jason Purvis ($50) challenged me to do a dramatic re-enactment of a video of composer Adrian Munsey’s “Lost Sheep,” where he holds a goat and bleats behind an orchestral accompaniment (blog post forthcoming).
- Laurel H. ($25) challenged me to insert a Flaming Lips song title into an unrelated sports post. ACCEPTED.
Note: whether or not I accept is solely at my discretion. They can be outrageous, but need to be reasonable. In other words I’m not going to run head-first into a brick wall for a $20 donation, but I may post a video on the blog wishing your mother a happy birthday for a $30 donation.