Another one of those “personal” memes
“You know how sometimes people on your friend’s list post about stuff going on in their life, and all of a sudden you think “Wait a minute? Since when are they working THERE? Since when are they dating HIM/HER? since when???” And then you wonder how you could have missed all that seemingly pretty standard information, but somehow you feel too ashamed to ask for clarification because it seems like info you *should* already know? It happens to all of us sometimes.
Please copy mine below, erase my answers putting yours in their place then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration! One-Word-Answers seldom help anyone out.
1. First Name: Kevin
2. Age: 26
3. Location: Troy, NY
Troy is a city of roughly 46,000 located on the Hudson River. Known as “The Collar City” due to its booming collar manufacturing industry at the turn of the century as well as “The Home of Uncle Sam” for being the place of residence for butcher Samuel Wilson (who was the inspiration for the “Uncle Sam” caricature), Troy served as an industrial hub and was a booming city during and after the Industrial Revolution. Its status in the industry and location on the Hudson River made it a major economic player up until the turn of the century. When manufacturing took a hit in the middle of the 20th Century, Troy’s economy hit the shitter and never fully recovered. The decline was hastened by fiscal mismanagement of an epic scale in the 1970s and 1980s. Currently, it’s known primarily as the home of Kevin Marshall.
4. Occupation: Office flunky.
5. Partner: Brian P. Dermody and Steve Henel are my co-hosts for the “Living Under Marshall Law” and “4 Color Commentary” podcasts, respectively. Is that what you’re getting at? No? Oh. Well if you’re talking romantically, then I don’t have one at the moment.
6. Kids: None.
The question of whether or not I even want children is an interesting one. I always say by default that I don’t plan on having children. In actuality, I grew up in a family with five kids. We struggled economically and in other ways, and I spent the majority of my childhood growing up in a housing project. As a result, I really don’t want to plan on having any children until I can be assured that they’ll never want for anything. In other words, it’s most likely going to take some sort of major financial upheaval in my life to even make that a possibility at this point.
Besides, I’m very happy with four nieces. I can go see them, visit with them, and leave when they start acting up. It’s a great arrangement.
7. Brothers/Sisters: I have four siblings.
Davelyn is the oldest. She’s a Registered Nurse, married, with three beautiful daughters. For reasons we won’t discuss here, she’s hands down the person I admire most on this planet.
Jack is next in age. He currently lives in New York City. He recently got married to a great gal by the name of Jill (yes, Jack and Jill, har har), and she’s the best thing that ever happened to him. A few interesting things to note regarding me and him. Firstly, I never got comments about our resemblance until I got older, and now I get them constantly despite the weight/height differential, his tattoos, and the fact that I have hair. Our interest and fanaticism when it comes to professional wrestling and MMA is on equal par. In most other ways we’re wildly different, but scarily alike in others (his wife will attest to this).
Bridget’s next. She’s ex-military (Army) who was at one point stationed in Alabama and somehow ended up stuck there, although she seems to be enjoying herself immensely. All of us have a very similar sense of humor, she’s most similar to me in terms of delivery and often subject matter.
Megan is the one closest to me in age and, as is the case with Davelyn, still lives in the area. She has one daughter and is engaged to be married. I’m thankful that we both matured in the manner that we did, because despite the fact that we were almost literally at each other’s throats when we were kids, I’m just slightly closer to her than the others.
8. Pets: One cat, an old bitch by the name of Zoe. She’s quite vocal in an almost chatty way, which a friend of mine claims is because she’s a Russian Blue. She’s very friendly towards males but very skiddish around certain females. What’s weird is that the females she’s attacked or been bitchy towards don’t share any specific personality traits, nor does it matter whether or not they’re a cat person.
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life: Not sure how to answer this one.
Things could be a lot worse, but right now with things being what they are I’m just trying to keep my head above water. So far, I’m not drowning. The three priorities in my life right now are my sobriety, my family, and my own well-being. In that order.
10. Where and for what did you go to school for?: I went to Siena for Political Science. Didn’t finish for a variety of reasons that I won’t get into here.
11. Parents? Yes! Both of them are still alive. They divorced when I was…10? Or 11.
12. Who are some of your closest friends? I don’t want to take the chance of omitting anyone, and there’s too many that I trust in certain ways to even start in on here. I’ll just refer you to my Myspace profile and recommend you check out the “Top Friends” thing. Most of them are there.