TV Show meme
Lifted from lootsfoz:
Empire Magazine has revealed its list of the “50 Greatest TV Shows” ever. Below is the list and here be the rules.
1. Bold the shows of which you’ve watched every episode
2. Italic the shows of which you’ve seen at least one episode
2a. Star the shows you consider “the best” (Addition by tidesong)
3. Post your answers
Kevin’s note – I had no idea what “Empire Magazine” was when I first read this meme, but looking at what was number 2 on the list I knew it HAD to be British (which Googling confirms it is). They’re fucking enamored with Buffy for some reason. It’s a good show, don’t get me wrong, but I’d say it’s a stretch to call it the best show of all time…the Brits, on the other hand, will tell you that with a straight face and a steel resolve.
50. Quantum Leap *
49. Prison Break Saw about three or four episodes. I didn’t see the greatness that everybody else sees.
48. Veronica Mars See above.
47. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
46. Sex & The City
43. Star Trek
42. Only Fools and Horses
41. Band of Brothers
40. Life on Mars The first three episodes of this series, which I saw on BBC America, were amazing. Unfortunately I lost track of it after that. I’ll be renting this one to see if the quality holds up.
39. Monty Python’s Flying Circus *
38. Curb Your Enthusiasm *
37. Star Trek: The Next Generation *
36. Father Ted * Seen four or five episodes. Freaking HILARIOUS.
33. CSI: Las Vegas
32. Babylon 5
31. Deadwood *
30. Dexter * (I’ll have most likely seen all the episodes of the current season by the end of the weekend, so I might as well bold this one.)
29. ER * <– just for the first four seasons.
28. Fawlty Towers If I were a better nerd I’d slap the asterik on this one, but I could never get into it.
27. Six Feet Under *
26. Red Dwarf
24. Twin Peaks
23. The Office UK *
22. The Shield
20. Blackadder *
18. Arrested Development *
17. South Park *
16.Doctor Who I don’t really think you can list this on its own, because with each different “Doctor” it’s almost been a completely different series in tone/feel/presentation (with the exception of the last “switch” during the current revival)
14. Firefly I really like it and thought it had amazing potential, but don’t think it belongs on a Top 50 list. Sorry guys.
13. Battlestar Galactica *
12. Family Guy *
11. Seinfeld * <– As much as an increasing number of people have started hating on this show in the past few years, it was so far above all the other schlock sitcoms released at that time that it deserves to be recognized.
09. The X-Files
08. The Wire – Everybody and their cross-eyed Uncle keeps recommending it to me with the qualifier that I need to watch from the beginning…I’m pretty sure it’s somewhere on the Netflix Queue.
07. Friends Good God no. Cultural phenomena or no, this show was just okay the first two seasons and stunk to high heavens afterwards.
04. The West Wing *
03. The Sopranos *
02. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
01. The Simpsons *