FINALLY, a new blog post: New podcast, website, my girlfriend tags me, and more.
Firstly, new episode of the Living Under Marshall Law podcast with BPD.
DIRECT LINK (Right Click, Save As…). File size: 28MB NSFW (cuss words)
It’s seriously our best episode yet. For those who didn’t know, we now save all wrestling talk for the very end, so it’s entirely listenable! We talk about the Democratic primaries (including the now infamous “answer the phone” ad), Brett Favre’s retirement, Jeff Conaway, Oprah, Patrick Swayze, another edition of BPD’s Very Special Message for the ladies, and OH so much more. CHECK IT OUT!
ALSO, and perhaps more importantly, I updated the website (http://www.kevinmarshallonline.com) over the past week and it’s SOOOOOO much better. It’s a lot more readable, more easily navigated, and I’m seriously excited about what I’ve done (as simple as it is) with the site. I’ve also added a separate section specifically for Comics and the “4 Color Commentary” editions of the podcast. You owe it to yourself to check it out here, or at the very least peep Steve as Speedball and more importantly me as Galactus. We are such dorks, but we make ourselves laugh. And isn’t that the most important thing?
So with all that out of the way, there was a ton of stuff I was going to blog about. But damnit, people like enfarcer, svexsal, and many others beat me to it. And I talk about almost all the stuff I was going to write about in the podcast, so just listen to that, people.
Things have been good lately. I’ve actually been getting stuff accomplished lately, and most importantly I’ve gotten some time in with the girlfriend. Including last night, where we went out to celebrate my good friend McLocks’s birthday. Various folks met up with us, and a good time was had by all. Except when I played “Slayer” on the jukebox and I commented that it was the music that played in my head when I beat Jenn, to which only myself and Jenn (the girlfriend) laughed. But we laughed hard enough for everybody, I think.
Have I mentioned lately how awesome the girlfriend is? Because she is, totally. She met svexsal on Saturday night (when we hit not one but TWO parties) and they hit it off quite well. On that note, I’m gonna try to combat being wide awake (I passed out on my bed for about three hours after talking to the girl earlier), but before I do, I was tagged by my girlfriend for a meme. Which, surely, is a big step in our relationship.
I think I’ve already done this one semi-recently, so it’s sort of a retread…but I’m pretty sure all this stuff is new. If not new, it’s at least worded differently. And that counts for something, right? Right.
The rules are: Once you have been tagged you have to write a blog with 10 weird or random things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose 6 people to be tagged, list their names, and why you chose them to be tagged. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says, “Tag, you’re it” on their profile and to read your latest blog. Have fun!
1. I’m a very restless sleeper, I have a bad habit of hogging covers in my sleep, and I also talk in my sleep a little bit. Supposedly it’s just mumbling.
2. My hands got so dry this winter that they cracked and my knuckles developed a couple cuts. This has never happened before to this extent, and only came on after it was pointed out that I had wonderful hands.
3. My mother’s new married name rhymes with “Asskiss”.
4. Despite being a very social person, I do need definite downtime by myself where I don’t do anything. At all.
5. When I was a very young child and my parents would argue at their loudest, I’d listen to Beatles albums on vinyl.
6. I need to constantly stop myself from getting frustrated over the stupidest things.
7. I don’t think I will ever, no matter how mature or disenfranchised with the product I get, fully stop watching professional wrestling. Sorry guys.
8. I am surprisingly flexible, physically.
9. It’s still my goal to live in New York City at some point for some undetermined period of time.
10. Cobb Salads rock my world.
I’m going to pass on tagging only because the vast majority of people I know have already done this exact meme or a very similar one within the past year or so.